Sunday, July 9, 2006

Schedule

Here is a schedule from Mr. Brigham, (the missionary I'll be staying with) which was sent to me earlier today with the following comment:

"I thought I would give you a brief idea of some of the things we will be doing while you are here and that way it won't take you too much by surprise".

Kids "Sunday" School in Ichinomiya city
Church services in Anjo city
Street evangelism in the city of Nagoya and looking at a few stores
(souvenirs)
Tour of Nagoya city castle
Tue. Business English class at an accounting firm in Nagoya
Wed. kids English classes in Ichinomiya
Mon./ Tue Kids English classes in Anjo
Building a wooden game for Kids English Club
Kids English Club (breakfast, songs, craft, game)
Evangelism in Anjo
Eating out at some traditional Japanese restaurants
BBQ
local sightseeing

This should give those of you reading my Blog a better idea of the kind of activities I will be involved in during my stay. Additionally, I am going to attempt to meet up with my Internet Pen-Pal sometime between the 14th and the 28th. I'm not sure how that is going to work out yet since she is right in the middle of exams at the moment, and since she is so far from Anjo and Ichinomiya where I will be staying. We have to agree upon some meeting place that is sufficiently close to her location. The other issue that comes to mind is, of course, the language barrier. I'm not sure how well she can understand spoken English, and (needless to say) I am by no means a Japanese scholar. This should be interesting to say the least... Maybe I can take one of Mr. Brigham's English students with me to interpret (ha!).

No comments: